Friday 21 March 2008

French Toast

While I admit during the work week I hardly stop for breakfast, on the weekend in our house it is a pretty big thing for a couple of reasons.

First I can guarantee that Lilly, who is still stuck in the incredibly picky stage, will actually eat a complete meal. Second. it is the one time that my Hubby will actually participate in cooking with me. He does the bacon and eggs, something I can't cook for the life of me, and I either waffles, pancakes or French toast. Third, well family time and it tastes good :)

French Toast:

French Toast
  • 5 -6 slices of bread of choice
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup cream
  • 1 Tbsp vanilla
  • 1 Tbsp honey
  • Dash of cinnamon
  • Icing sugar
  • Syrup
Heat griddle or fry pan on medium heat. Beat eggs, cream vanilla, honey and cinnamon in a shallow bowl, or pie plate. Place bread in mixture pressing down gently, then flip to coat other side. Place on hot fry pan and cook until that side is golden, flip and cook other side as well.

Serve hot with a sprinkle of icing sugar and syrup.

Enjoy!

No comments: