Wednesday 5 December 2007

The ultimate menu planning

I have been busy trying to pull together the menu for our big Christmas dinner. Not that I am using that as an excuse for not posting. The reason for that would be sheer laziness lack of time at the moment!

With this whole Christmas dinner thing I am trying to be prepared, I am trying to be organized, and it is getting to be slightly over whelming! Of course that is completely due to my indecisiveness. You see, yesterday I decided that for dessert we were going to have chestnut cheesecake. Today I have decided that we will instead be having a cranberry-chocolate tart. Tomorrow, it is quite possible that it is something completely different.

The more I search, the more find, the more I want to try. I know I need to pick something and stick with it, but it is really easier said than done. Anyway without further adieu, here is how things stand so far:

Appetizer:
  • Salmon cheese ball
Main:
  • Salad??? (Haven't thought about this one at all yet)
  • Brussels sprouts and pancetta dish
  • Cream cheese mashed potatoes
  • Side dish #2??? (Can't for the life of my find anything for this one!)
  • Cranberry sauce
  • Stuffing (Hubby's department)
  • Turkey (Hubby again)
Dessert:
  • Cranberry-chocolate tart
  • Assortment of holiday baking
It is a work in progress. I still have time, right?

No comments: