Tuesday 8 January 2008

Menu Planning

I know I am am bad blogger! We have just been going a mile a minute at our house since well before the holidays, and we are just starting to settle back into things. To be completely honest I haven't even bought groceries for the house in almost a month, which of course means I haven't really cooked in sometime. Well aside from our Christmas dinner extraordinaire, which was fantastic! I will share the detail with you all as soon as I get the opportunity, which at this rate does feel like never!

Anyway, Hubby and I will be hitting the grocery store tonight, along with the crowds for 15% off day. Of course that means I need a list, and that means I need a menu, and that means I have to actually do some planning. I need to ease myself back into this cooking thing, so here we go:

Tuesday: East Indian take out, yummy...you can't shop on an empty stomach after all :)
Wednesday: Grilled cheese, probably some recreation of this
Thursday: Soup and Bread
Friday: Pizza
Saturday: Ginger-Chili Shrimp
Sunday: Sake Steak
Monday: Leftover

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cooking Accomplished! has been a great find for myself and several of my friends. The concept is simple; you go online, pick the entrees you want and the date you want to assemble them. The difference between Cooking Accomplished! and several other businesses like this in Portland, is quality! The owner is a trained chef. They have a commercial kitchen where all the ingredients are prepped by Shelley and her staff. Many of my friends, prior to joining me for meal assembly sessions at Cooking Accomplished!, admitted to serving and eating frozen or pre-cooked meals several times a week and to dining out two or three times a week. We decided since we are worried about nutritional value and using quality local ingredients we would research meal assembly as a solution to reducing time spent shopping and preparing dinners with the goal of eating healthier. The only assemble-your-own meal company that we found in Portland, that had great selections, high quality local ingredients and prepped all their food in-house is CookingAccomplished! in Lake Oswego. Since I started preparing meals at CookingAccomplished! I've also signed up for a couple of great cooking classes. My son attended a kids class as well and he can't wait until the next one. Shelley has done a fantastic job of creating a quality experience!