Friday 3 August 2007

I'm baaack!

Yaaaa, you can all breath a sigh of relief now. Our computer is back up and running perfectly, and we didn't lose anything that was on it! That means all of my pictures are okay, and I can get my butt in gear and share them with you all.

I feel so out of practice, so I do believe I need to start off slowly.

Nothing too complicated, but something incredibly wonderful nonetheless. How about grilled cheese? Not the one that you ate as a child, with those kraft slices between the bread. These ones have been spiced up and have a definite grownup taste to them. But they are quick, easy and gourmet!

Grownup Grilled Cheese:

  • Mushrooms (approximately 5) sliced
  • Pancetta thinly sliced
  • Tomato and basil Havarti (or any other cheese of choice)
  • Bread
  • Butter
In skillet fry mushroom with a small amount of olive oil, salt and pepper, until soft. Remove from heat.


Taking two slices of bread, place thinly sliced cheese on one side and pancetta on the other. Place cooked mushrooms on one side and close sandwich. Butter outer sides of bread, and grill on warm skillet until each side is golden brown and cheese is melted, turning once.


Enjoy!

No comments: