Saturday 11 August 2007

More Blueberries

By now you all know of my love for blueberries. Did I ever mention that I made that same pie again the next weekend! The first just disappeared too quickly for my Hubby's liking and he insisted. Really who was I to argue!

In order to do that second pie, I had to acquire myself a second case of blueberries. However, after two cases of blueberries (that would be 10 pounds worth) in just a little over a week, I must admit we were getting slightly tired of the little berries. I am ashamed to admit I could not really handle them on my cereal one more day. There were too many leftover to simply freeze and attempt to cram into my tiny freezer.

Looking for something simple, creative, that would respect Hubbies wishes of healthier food (at this point I was not yet banned from baking), and use as many little berries as possible what we came up with was pretty yummy. It didn't really solve my copious amounts of leftover berry problem, 3 out of 4 really isn't that bad!

Angel Food Cake with Blueberries and cream:


  • 1 angel food cake (preferably store bought...so much easier)
  • 1/2 cup blueberries
  • 1 tbsp granulated sugar
  • 1 cup non-fat sour cream
  • 1/3 cup icing sugar
  • 2 tsp vanilla
Place berries, granulated sugar and a couple of tablespoon of water into a sauce pan (Be careful not to put too much water in, 2 tsbp is really enough) and simmer for a few minutes.

For cream mix together sour cream, vanilla and icing sugar. Pour spoonful of cream over cake, top woth blueberry sauce and enjoy!

No comments: