Sunday 10 June 2007

Dessert should always be first

The members of our house are notorious for their sweet tooth. More specifically chocolate, and more specifically my husband. Since we have been married my own sweet tooth has been developed quite substantially! I don't mind too much, it just means some extra time at the gym...unfortunately I learned that the hard way.

Crunchy Chocolate peanut butter chunks (From: Canadian Living's Best Chocolate)

  • 1 cup softened butter
  • 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
  • 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 cup each of chocolate chips and peanut butter chips (I used 2 cups of chocolate, partly due to the fact that I had no peanut butter ones, and partly because the more chocolate the better)
  • 3 oz bitter sweet chocolate melted
In a large bowl beat butter with peanut butter, gradually adding in the sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. In a separate bowl (which I will admit I NEVER do) mix flour and salt, using a wooden spoon. Gradually stir into butter mixture until combined and then add chips.

Gently squeeze dough into handfuls until holds together and pat into ungreased 17''x11'' rimmed baking sheet (Mine was a much smaller sheet, and in the end I do think the bigger sheet would have been better to make a thinner cookie)

Bake in a 350 F oven for 30 to 41 minutes...or until firm to the touch and golden. Let cool in sheet on a rack.

In a bowl over saucepan of hot water, melt chocolate (Or the simpler method that I used was to pop it in the microwave) Drizzle over cookie, and let cool completely.
Break into pieces, pour a glass of milk and enjoy!


Now these are to be crispy cookie, nothing soft and mushy here. However, mine were slightly past the crispy stage. I think due to the smaller size of pan I used; it made for a much thicker and consequently harder cookie. It still tasted wonderful with all of the chocolate, it just needed that glass of milk to dunk in. Before I make these again I will ensure to acquire a new cookie sheet to add to my collection!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that looks very very yummmm!!