Monday 25 June 2007

Old mother hubbard went to her cupboard

Monday nights are bleak in our house. I don't cook, partly because it is just for me, and parlty because it is the end of the grocery cycle and there is little food left.

But tonight there was just enough for me to make something yummy, a frittata! Super quick, super easy and really yummy. Just what my tummy ordered :)


Fettuccine frittata:

  • 1 bowl left over fettuccine cut into shorter pieces
  • 1/2 cup of tomato sauce (you could use alfredo or whatever else)
  • Handful of Parmesan cheese + extra for sprinkling
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 Tbsp of butter
  • Pepper
  • Fresh chopped parsley
In oven proof skillet on stove top melt butter on medium-high heat. In bowl mix together fettuccine with sauce, cheese, beaten eggs, and lots and lots of pepper (a personal preference you can of course omit). Pour mixture into hot skillet, and cook until it is almost set, with top slightly runny still.

Sprinkle extra cheese on top and place skillet under broiler on high, until golden brown and set. Remove from oven (be careful, I have burnt myself many a time) and sprinkle with parsley.

Enjoy!


No comments: