Friday 22 June 2007

Weekend!!!

Yup, it is finally here! It has been one crazy week, but you can read about that here if you like, I am just glad it is here. I have big plans to spend most of the weekend in my kitchen. I have a couple of meals planned I have been looking forward to all week, plus I feel cookies coming on :)

But first our super, quick, mid-week dinner. It was a big hit with hubby, and fed us for two crazy nights in a row, and lunches for me. This would also be a great one for those summer days where the last thing you want to do is turn on your oven to cook.

Chickpea and pesto salad:
Serves: 6-8

  • 1/3 cup pesto sauce
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 can (15oz) chick peas, drained and rinsed
  • 1 cup cucumber diced
  • 1 cup celery diced
  • 1/2 cup red onion diced
  • 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
  • 1 red pepper diced
  • 300g of black forest ham cubed
  • salt and pepper
In large bowl mix pesto sauce and lemon juice.

Cut up all veggies, and add to bowl with chickpeas and ham. Toss to coat, and add salt and pepper to taste.

Presto, your done! I know so simple, and delicious. Really easy to change too...don't like ham try some other kind of deli meat, or leave it out completely, change of the veggies, just have fun with it.

Enjoy!

No comments: