Saturday 14 July 2007

Heat Wave


We are in the middle of a heat wave at the moment, mid 30's or so (for my American readers I believer that is in the 90's). I am sure many will laugh at what we classify as 'hot' but I live in a climate where it is more common to hit the -30's than +30's and the average temperature for this time of year is normally low 20's.

Okay enough with the weather talk I know, you all want food. Last week, before the temperature rose, it was actually on he cool side. I curled up in the evening by myself, my daughter sound asleep, and watched TV with a mug of my favorite hot chocolate in hand. I know I am crazy, hot chocolate in summer. It was absolutely perfect though, and I have to share it now so when the weather turns cold everyone will have this recipe ready to go ;)

Hot Chocolate: (Serves 1)


  • 30g best dark chocolate
  • 350ml milk (to be honest I take what ever mug I am using and fill it with milk so I have the perfect amount)
  • 2 tsp Honey
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp brown sugar
  • 1 cinnamon stick
  • Optional : 2 tbsp rum (Alas I had none)
In small pan over stove heat milk while breaking in chocolate into pieces and adding, also add honey, sugar and cinnamon stick. Whisk in vanilla and rum once chocolate is melted. Remove cinnamon stick and pour into you favorite mug and enjoy!!!

No comments: