Monday 2 July 2007

Oops, Forgot it was a holiday!

Silly me wasn't thinking last week when I was menu planning. I got to cook dinner tonight for Hubby, because it was a long weekend! So I had to so the kitchen scramble again, this really is starting to feel way to familiar. Anyway, I got creative tonight, and it paid off again. I better be careful with this though taking too make risks, and I am bound to get caught soon!

Shrimp, Avocado and Pesto Pasta:
  • 1 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 1/2 red onion diced
  • 1/2 cup pesto sauce (ours only had about 1/3 cup, as it was all I had left, but it definitely could have used more)
  • 1 avocado cut up
  • Juice of 1/2 lime
  • Olive oil
  • Pasta of choice


Cook pasta according to package directions.

Heat oil in skillet and add onion cooking until soft. Add shrimp, squirt of lime juice, and pesto sauce to skillet cooking until shrimp are pink. If needed add some of pasta water to skillet. Pour sauce over pasta and toss to coat.

Squeeze remaining lime juice over avocado, and add to pasta. Toss and enjoy!

No comments: